I mentioned the other day, that we call this meal Chinchilla Casserole, but in reality it’s actually loaded with chicken and black beans and not a drop of chinchilla. I swear! 😀
It’s quite easy to make using store-bought rotisserie chicken and home-made Enchilada sauce. And if you are like me you can just go into your freezer and grab all of your ingredients, because they are all freezer friendly. All of them!
It’s also perfect for those busy nights when you just want to feed the family after a busy day. You can even freeze the entire meal and then pull out in the morning and let it thaw out during the day. So many options to make feeding your family easy!
Once, again here is the my recipe for easy Enchilada Sauce! Home made is always so much better isn’t it?
I hope you love it as much as we do!
I’ve linked up at Inspiration Gallery.
- 2 cups shredded Rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 15oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8-10 tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups of enchilada sauce
- Mexican cheese blend - about 2 cups
- Sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread about 2- 3 tbsp of enchilada sauce in a 9x 13 inch glass or ceramic baking dish;
- Meanwhile in a bowl, combine black beans, chicken 1 cup of sauce and 1 cup of cheese. Mix together;
- Spoon about 1/3 cup black bean and chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; roll up;
- Arrange tortillas, seam sides down, in bottom of the;
- Top with reserved sauce and cheese.
- Bake in hot oven for 15- 20 minutes or until bubbling.
- Serve with sour cream.